- Mild Steel — engineering & building purposes (Carbon 0.1% to 0.3% and Iron content of 99.7 -- 99.9%). Used for engineering purposes and in general, none specialised metal products.
- Carbon steel — Drill bits, cutting tools. (Carbon 0.6% to 1.4% and Iron 98.6% to 99.4 %).
- Stainless Steel -- cutlery. surgical instruments, decorative items (Consists of Iron, nickel and chromium).
- Cast Iron — Manhole covers, engine blocks (carbon 2% — 6% and Iron at 94% to 98%).
- Wrought Iron — Ornamental gates & Fencing Old garden furniture (100% iron).
- Aluminium Window & Door frames, Aircrafts, Kitchen ware (Consists of an alloy of aluminium, copper and manganese).
- Copper — Electric cables, Tubing, Pipes, etc.
- Brass — Ornaments, electrical fittings ( Combination of copper and zinc).
- Silver jewellery, ornaments.
- Lead — Used in roofing, batteries and some pipes.